1. When choosing living place, which factor is the most important one for you? 130713NA
1) living in an area that is not expansive
2) living close to relatives
3) living in an area with many shops and restaurants.
2. What is the most important action for government to take for the protection of environmental problems? 160625CN
a. fund research on new energy sources such as solar and wind power
b. protect forests and natural wildlife species
c. pass and enforce laws to reduce the pollution.
3. It is difficult for teachers to be both popular (well liked) and effectively in helping students’ study. 161210CN
4. People can solve important problems in their daily life on their own or with the help from families; the help from the government is not necessary. 161113CN
5. Your school wants to improve the quality of students’ life in the dormitory. Which would you prefer? a. a quiet place for study b. building an exercise room to keep physical well-being c. a space for entertainment. 160925CN
6. Do you agree or disagree: college and universities must do a better job of preparing student for the workplace.
7. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People care more about public recognition than about money. Even if no more money is given, public recognition can still make people work harder. 120520CN
8. Do you agree or disagree：Technology designed to make people's lives simpler but make people's lives more complicated. 100926CN
9. Some people prefer doing sports on their own, such as running, while others like to do sports in groups. Which one do you prefer? 150829NA
10. Some students enjoy taking distance-learning courses on the computer or television. Other students would rather take all of their courses with a teacher in a classroom. Which of these options do you think is better? Use specific reasons and examples in support of your opinion.
11. Some people think at the start of a new year, it’s important to set a goal of improving a specific aspect of life. They call it a new-year resolution. Which of the following new-year resolution would you choose? 141004NA
1) Help others in your community
2) Improve your health by exercising more and eat nutritious food
3) Manage your time better
12. Some students prefer to have their final grades determined by numerous small assignments, whereas others prefer to have their final grades determined by only a few large assignments. Which do you prefer and why? 130608NA
13. University students are often encouraged to study the fields in which significant job growth (a large increase in job opportunities) is expected; these fields currently include science, technology, engineering and math. Do you believe students should consider studying fields related to these subjects even if they are more interested in other subjects? Why or why not? 161105CN
14. When making major purchase (eg. Car or laptop), our decision can be influenced by different sources of information. Explain how each of the following source of information can influence your decision.
1)recommendations from friends or colleagues
2)information from media(eg. TV, magazines, newspapers)
3)recommendations from the sales person in the store
15. Playing sports teaches people lessons about life. 160423CN
16. Agree or disagree: Some people think social media is a good way to express personal views. However others do not think so. Use specific details and examples to support your own view.
17. Taking a lot of time to make an important decision is often considered as a bad quality for a person, but in fact, it is a good quality for a person to have. 160820CN
18. Do you agree or disagree with the statement: It is better to spend money on traveling and vacation than save money for the future. 150613CN
19. Schools have always offered students three types of after-school activities. But due to recent limited budgets, they can only support one kind of activities. Which one would you choose? Why? 151108CN
3).Volunteering (eg. for the community)
20. People who develop many different skills are more successful than people who focus on only one skill.
21. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People often buy products not because they really need them but because other people have them. 141102CN
22. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: The opinions of celebrities, such as entertainers and athletes, are more important to younger people than they are to older people. 140412CN
23. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: The car (automobile) has had greater effect to society than the airplane has to.
24. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? In the busy and crowded world today, we should not expect people to be polite to each other.
25. Some parents do not agree with the way teachers are teaching their children. Do you think that parents should express their disapproval to the teachers? 140125NA
26. Some jobs can pay high salaries but require employees to leave their family and friends. Other jobs pay few salaries but allow employees to stay with family and friends. Which job do you prefer and why?
27. Your job has more effect on your happiness than your social life does. 140427NA
28. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The ability to cooperate and work with other people is more important to the ability to lead other people. 141011NA
29. It is often not a good thing for people to move to a new town or a new country because they will lose their friends. 160326CN
30. Agree or disagree: people nowadays spend much more time than they should using text messages and new technologies such as social media to communicate with each other. 150606NA